The angel
Some of the days aren't that hard,
But on the days my heart falls apart,
The lap I seek,
The comfort I need,
Always belongs to the angel
Who visits my sleep.
Are you still remembering me?
Because I saw you in my dream.
You held me close,
The way you always do,
And somehow,
You kissed my forehead too.
Not something you'd usually do,
Yet you did, this time.
Tell me—
Are you missing me this much?
Do you feel me on my difficult days,
Through some strange intuition,
Across the distance and time?
It sounds a little foolish,
A little old-fashioned, I know.
But I've come to believe
That when you miss me,
You find your way into my dreams.
And honestly,
I'm okay with that.
Because I woke up smiling,
Wrapped in the fragrance
Of the warmest dream.
An unconscious imagination,
A beautiful illusion,
A tenderness that never existed,
Yet felt completely real.
I loved it.
I am grateful for it.
Maybe this is how I choose to live—
Collecting pieces of happiness
From places that aren't real.
Living in dreams,
Finding comfort in fantasies,
And being content
With a beautifully delusional joy.
Comments
Post a Comment