The weight of being noticed

It didn’t hurt
until it did.

Before that,
they were just noise
another rough voice,
another careless moment
in a day I had already learned
how to carry.

I called it nothing.
I told myself,
“just rude people,” and let it pass through me
like wind through a closed door.

But then someone opened it.
A voice rose,
not sharp,
but certain

And suddenly,
everything I had not felt came rushing in.
The weight,the sting,
the quiet disrespect
I had brushed aside
it all found me at once.

Not because of them,
but because
someone else saw it.

And in being seen,
I could no longer pretend
it was nothing.

So my eyes blurred,
my chest tightened,
my breath forgot its rhythm
not from the cruelty,
but from the kindness
that made space for the truth.

I was not weak.
I was not overthinking.
It mattered.

I just hadn’t let it matter
until someone else
said it out loud.

Comments

Popular Posts