That loud regret
I met you on an ordinary day,
the kind that doesn’t warn you
it’s about to change something inside you.
We talked
nothing dramatic, nothing loud
just quiet words
that somehow fit.
You understood the spaces
between my sentences.
You answered things
I didn’t know how to explain.
And for the first time,
I felt less alone in my own mind.
It wasn’t fireworks.
It was softer than that
like finding a light
already on in a room
I thought was empty.
I started to believe
maybe this is what being found feels like.
Maybe this is what it means
to be seen without trying
forgettting this is not right
But intensity is a quick flame.
It warmed me fast
and left just as quickly.
The messages slowed.
The feeling shifted.
The light flickered.
And in the end,
it wasn’t a loud goodbye
just a quiet fading
back into the dark.
Now I sit with the silence,
wondering if I miss you
or the version of me
that existed
when someone finally understood.
the kind that doesn’t warn you
it’s about to change something inside you.
We talked
nothing dramatic, nothing loud
just quiet words
that somehow fit.
You understood the spaces
between my sentences.
You answered things
I didn’t know how to explain.
And for the first time,
I felt less alone in my own mind.
It wasn’t fireworks.
It was softer than that
like finding a light
already on in a room
I thought was empty.
I started to believe
maybe this is what being found feels like.
Maybe this is what it means
to be seen without trying
forgettting this is not right
But intensity is a quick flame.
It warmed me fast
and left just as quickly.
The messages slowed.
The feeling shifted.
The light flickered.
And in the end,
it wasn’t a loud goodbye
just a quiet fading
back into the dark.
Now I sit with the silence,
wondering if I miss you
or the version of me
that existed
when someone finally understood.
Comments
Post a Comment